Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby Blues Bar-B-Q



In one word… De-fucking-licious.

The service was fast and friendly, prices reasonable, and the ambiance was southern garage with a hint of redneck.

You can easily get there for lunch, I did…

The drive was 10 minutes, food took ten minutes, drive back 10 minutes… leaving 30 minutes to eat and enjoy good company. (Though this is from the studio, driving times may vary dependent on traffic and starting location)

I recommend "The Jack" a beer braised hot link sandwich with cotya cheese and hot peppers. Very tasty, and not a messy dish, unlike the baby back ribs or beef brisket, adding to the ease of eating it over a lunch period, without worrying about dry cleaning. The hot link itself is served split and on the bunover a bed of cotya and peppers. The sandwich has no barbeque sauce, but that is generously served on the side, allowing the diner to add as much or as little as desired. Diana Wu recommends the Baked Beans, which, I must admit; are full of win and awesome. They have a very subtle baked bean flavor. The sweetness of the brown sugar is subdued by the roasted tomatoes. That's right, the baked beans have tomatoes. I believe here I should add that though they are in fact baked beans they have the consistency of a kidney bean chili.

I give it a five stars (out of five)

http://www.babybluesbarbq.com/

1 comment:

ACH said...

Just thought I'd chime in and mention that they serve beer at this joint (can't say that about JR's and Philip's, 2 other great BBQ establishments) and though their selection is small, it's the quality that matters. They advertise Stone Pale Ale and Arrogant Bastard, Blue Moon, Hop Rod Rye, Racer 5 IPA, Pabst and the usual suspect (MGD, Bud etc). They also have great tunage, as I dined they ran the gamut from John Lee Hooker and Johhny Cash to Nouvelle Vague and Elvis Costello. Great dinning experience, great BBQ. Oh, and watch out for that XXX Porno BBQ sauce, it has a bit of a bite!